Satin Sealer is a clear acrylic-urethane finish that serves several purposes:
- Use it to seal Butterscotch, Cherrywood, Wine, Red Chili, Plum, Midnight Blue, Storm Blue, and Lagoon (which can transfer color) when a matte finish is desired. Our Clear Prep+Finish™ can also be used but will impart more shine.
- If changing color of non-absorbent leather or vinyl, dilute 2 to 4 parts color with 1 part Satin Sealer to improve durability and minimize touch-up.
- Most our colors dry low luster. For an even duller finish, apply one thin coat of Satin Sealer.
Satin Sealer can be applied with a damp sponge or spray gun like all our other finishes. Please note:
- When used alone as a topcoat, the dulling agent may leave a whitish haze on dark and bright colors (see below). The solution is to add the tiniest bit of color to the sealer before applying.
- Satin Sealer imparts a thicker film. Thin coats are better than thick coats.
On most materials, our Clear Prep+Finish™ dries shiny when used alone as a topcoat. A less shiny result can be achieved by mixing color with clear to make a glaze.
Satin Sealer is not visible in our catalog, but here is a direct link to purchase it: