- Equal parts will yield a semi-gloss finish.
- Use 2 parts color and 1 part Clear for a satin finish.
A glaze is also great for creating or mimicking a distressed, mottled appearance common on semi-aniline leather.
This video demonstrates how easily a glaze can be mixed on the sponge.
- 0:12 – Mixing a glaze directly on your sponge
- 0:30 – Applying the glaze
- 1:06 – Wiping vs. dabbing or stippling the glaze
Clear Prep+Finish™ is the base for all Rub ‘n Restore® Colors. More Clear will dilute the color, resulting in a more lustrous and translucent finish and allowing more of the original colors and features to show. More Color will be bolder and get better coverage on stains or fading. Experiment, and make a note of your ratio and method, so you can replicate the results in the future.
If you don’t like the results, you can always apply more color or Clear over the glazed surface.