All colors and Clear Prep+Finish™ cover the same square footage. These estimates can vary based upon quality and condition of material:
- 2 oz. bottle = approximately one coat on 15 – 20 square feet (or three coats on 5 – 6 square feet) = $16
- 4 oz. bottle = approximately one coat on 30 – 40 square feet (or three coats on 10 - 13 square feet) = $30
- 8 oz. bottle = approximately one coat on 60 – 80 square feet (or three coats on 20 - 26 square feet) = $48
- 16 oz. bottle = approximately one coat on 120 – 160 square feet (or three coats on 40 - 53 square feet) = $70
Other factors to consider:
- Type of material - Real leather often restores in 1-3 coats of color. Vinyl can take an extra coat or two. Don't invest in faux leather until reading this.
- Condition - Sun-rotted vinyl and worn, absorbent leather will drink up a more product than those in better condition. Use Clear Prep+Finish™ or a glaze (mix of color and Clear) as a primer.
- Color change - Going from red / dark to pale will require double, perhaps even triple, the volume of color and is discouraged for this reason. Please learn more about color changes.
- Touch-up - Pieces that are in rougher condition or receive heavy use (dogs, routine disinfectant cleaning) may require touch-up, particularly with color changes. This is easy, and our finishes keep well for years.
- Custom Colors - 8 oz. is the order minimum; 16 oz. is a better value in light of the matching fee.
|Project / Object||Qty for Touching Up Similar Color (usually 1-3 coats)||Qty for Color Change (varies, typically 2-8 coats)|
|Dining Chair||2 oz.||2 - 4 oz.|
|Club Chair||2 - 4 oz.||4 - 8 oz.|
|Recliner Chair||2 - 8 oz.||8 oz.|
|2 Seat Loveseat||4 - 8 oz.||8 - 16 oz.|
|3 Seat Sofa||4 - 8 oz.||16 oz.|
|5-7 Seat Sectional||8 - 16 oz.||16 oz. - 24 oz.|
|Sofa & Loveseat||8 - 16 oz.||16 oz. - 24 oz.|
|Sofa, Loveseat & Chair||8 - 24 oz.||32 oz.|
|Spa Cover (like new)||8 oz. Clear + 8 oz. Color||8 oz. Clear + 16 oz. Color|
|Spa Cover (weathered)||16 oz. Clear + 8 oz. Color||16 oz. Clear + 16 oz. Color|
|Auto Interior||2 - 8 oz.||Not recommended|
|Boat Interior||4 oz - 16 oz.||Not recommended|
Regarding Clear Prep+Finish™:
- One coat is sufficient as a topcoat and will yield a glossy finish.
- Mix equal parts Clear and color for a semi-gloss topcoat.
- Mix 1 part Clear with 2 or 3 parts color for a satin topcoat.
- Forego for a matte finish.
- Buy extra if you need it as a primer (like spa covers).